Home About Contact Disclaimer Image Map

Sunday 9 February 2014

Liebster Award!

The absolutely AMAZING Claire at Sprinkle of Claire has nominated me for a Liebster award, and honestly I'm rather touched by it. The Liebster award is an award that is given to new blogs with under 200 followers, and it sort of helps promote them and give them some recognition. It's hard to break into the world of beauty blogging, and I think it's the little touches like these that really make you feel like part of the community and part of something huge, you know what I mean? I just think it's really sweet, so thank you so much for nominating me :) You really should go and check out Claire's blog, it's really detailed and in-depth. I really love it. Plus her layout is really cute, too! But anyway, enough of me rambling, let's get onto those all-important rules and questions.

The Rules
1.You must link the person who nominated you
2.You must answer the 11 questions set by the blogger who nominated you
3.You can't nominate the person who nominated you
4.You have to choose 11 people to nominate with under 200 followers
5.You must tell the nominees they have been nominated
6. You must write 11 facts about yourself.

The Questions
1. Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging because I've always had really low self esteem and very little confidence in myself. I thought if I could be a part of a community, I'd make some friends and finally come out of my shell a little bit. I've always loved writing and am actually a freelance journalist for magazines, so it just seemed natural to me to start a blog about something I actually enjoy and am passionate about. 

2. Where do you see yourself in a year's time?
Just trying to do my best, as always. I don't like to set myself goals or try and think about where I'll be in the future, because really, who knows? I could be in Japan or something. I just want to continue to do my best and try and make some more friends in the blogging community, I think :)

3. Favourite beauty product?
If we're talking about favourite type of beauty product, mine would definitely be lipstick. I could wear nothing but lipstick and be eternally happy. If we're talking a specific product, I'd say my favourite beauty product ever would be MAC Violetta lipstick. I just find it can work with any outfit, occasion or season. I adore it on my pale complexion as well.

4. Favourite blog?
I cannot pick just one. I love so many blogs, but I absolutely adore Charlotte at Makeup by Candlelight. Her blog posts are insightful, varied in content which keeps it interesting, and most importantly of all, honest. If she doesn't like something, she'll say it straight, and I love that. So yeah, you should go and check her blog out!

5. Tea or coffee?
Tea. Always tea. Especially if it's Earl Grey with two sweeteners. Yes, I like sweet tea. 

6. Favourite hobbies?
Reading, writing and candle lighting. Hey, that rhymed!

7. Skirts or shorts?
Neither, preferably. I much prefer leggings and jeans. But if I had to pick out of the two, I'd definitely say shorts. I feel more comfortable in shorts, knowing that I can move without the fear of scaring someone with a crotch view or something.

8. What Item Can't You Live Without?
I could live without all of my material items quite happily, except maybe clothes. I wouldn't want to be naked for life. All I need is my family, as little as it is. Family and clothes. Yep.

9. What is your favourite post on your blog?
Probably my 10 Beauty Mistakes I Used to Make post. It was so fun to write and other people seemed to really enjoy reading it, and that's the most important thing to me. As long as my readers are happy, I'm happy.

10. What can we expect from your blog in the future?
I have so much planned! I'm planning on going to the states, so there'll be US hauls and reviews on brands not readily available in the UK (Tarte here I come!), and other tags and lots and lots to review. Maybe even collection posts and storage posts. I really do have too much planned and not enough time to write it all down haha.

11. How are you?
I'm very well thank you, and I hope all of you who are reading are doing well also ^_^

11 Facts About Me
1. I'm a type 1 diabetic. The genetic kind.
2. I read more than is probably healthy for me. For example, it is half five in the morning and my book is too good to go to sleep.
3. I am a total and utter geek/nerd and everything in between. I love Lord of the Rings and Pokémon.
4. Despite being nearly 20, I still love classic Disney films, and will sing along very loudly.
5. I'm a law student, hoping to become a Crown Prosecutor one day.
6. I have 16 piercings and 4 tattoos.
7. Pasta is my favourite food of all time.
8. I often will start a new TV series and watch it all the way through, with breaks only to eat and sleep.
9. I collect stuffed animals, mostly TY Beanie Babies and have over 500 of them.
10. I'm a chronic insomniac, often not sleeping for a couple of days at a time.
11. My dad and brother mean everything to me. They're the only family I have and I adore them. I'd do anything for them.

The Questions
1. What is your favourite vintage time scale?
2. What is your favourite candle/favourite candle scent? 
3. What advice would you give new bloggers starting out?
4. What is your most embarrassing moment?
5. What is the best purchase you've ever made that is beauty related?
6. You are stuck on a deserted island, what three beauty items would you take with you?
7. What is your main aim for blogging?
8. Do you collect anything?
9. Are you a morning person or a night person?
10. Who is your favourite band/artist in terms of music?
11. Why did you start blogging?

The Nominees

1 comment:

  1. I love this award! You get to know so many things about fellow bloggers, and it is so nice to get to know everyone better. You never grow too old for Disney I am discovering! Great post! xoxo Lauren
    www.willsingformakeup.com

    ReplyDelete