Home About Contact Disclaimer Image Map

Tuesday 25 February 2014

Lush Celestial Moisturiser | Review

Lush Celestial Moisturiser - £11.95
Please note that this product DOES contain parabens.

So this product has been featured a lot in my blog, first in my London Haul post and then in my January Favourites post, but I actually got an email asking for a full and in-depth review on this product. It would almost be rude of me not to accept this proposal, so I was more than happy to oblige!

When I I first started using this moisturiser, I absolutely adored it. The texture is lovely and a little goes such a long way that I dip my pointer finger in twice and it covers the entirety of my face. The smell is utterly divine - a sort of soft, powdery vanilla with a cocoa undertone, and I really like the way this product makes my skin feel immediately after application. My skin is so dry, and even when using heavy duty moisturisers it doesn't take long for it to be dry again. This moisturiser creates a barrier on the skin that keeps moisture in and moisture-soaking-up-things out. Unfortunately, the more I use this, the less of a fan I am of it.

It's now been nearly two months since I bought it (yep same tub, I told you a little goes a long way!) and this is where the review turns sour, I'm afraid. I've noticed that after using this moisturiser my skin has got dry again so quickly, particularly around my nose. It doesn't even seem to be touching the sides. Sadly, the barrier seems like a good idea, but it prevents any of the moisturiser from sinking into your skin properly and almost barres it against itself, keeping the dry skin that you had before but only masking it. After an hour or so the barrier disappears and you're just left with a dry face.

And let's not forget to mention the parabens. Lush are very big on promoting natural, cruelty free products... and yet they include parabens which have been linked to various health problems in humans. I just think humans should come under the "cruelty free" rule as well as animals. Not to mention a naturally based company using artificial chemicals is just wrong in my opinion. Will I repurchase this? I don't know. I guess I'm still on the look out for my HG moisturiser after all.

Does anyone have any suggestions for great moisturisers to try for super dry skinned girls?

Thank you so much for reading,
Kerry x

No comments:

Post a Comment